Product Development and Product Management Co-Op Internship Summer 2023
This position is part of the UC San Diego School of Biological Sciences Co-Op Program. Visit here for more information. If you have questions about the Co-Op Program, contact the Co-Op Program director. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This will be a on-site position located in Irvine California. Applicants must live in or around Irvine while working in this position and be enrolled at UC San Diego. There will be ONE positions filled requiring a full-time 6-month commitment. Please email Richelle Gibson with any questions about these Co-Op internships at email@example.com
Department: Research and Development/Product Management (Irvine Location)
Minimum requirements: Pursuing a degree or have experience in biology, bioengineering, biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, or related life sciences field to research and development including business related degrees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with the Research & Development, Manufacturing, Sales/Account Managers, Customer Service, and Marketing departments to implement product launch.
· Assist in drafting marketing collaterals such social media internet and website posts.
· Conduct scientific experiments for product development, performance troubleshooting, and protocol optimization.
· Work directly with Product Manager to identify customer needs, translate these needs into key product requirements, and develop solutions that adds product value and enhance customer experience.
· Communicate product information to external and internal groups to understand the product, identify the product’s unique features and applications in relation to similar products available on the market, and generate content for product protocols and data sheets.
30% Marketing analysis (strength-weakness-opportunity-threats analysis, competitive landscape, etc.), Content gathering, New Product internal documentation
30% R&D lab – product testing, cell culture maintenance and analytic techniques, scientific notebook writing (PM to provide trainings, all hands on the team will train anyone who wants to learn advanced lab techniques.)
30% Quality Control assessment and developmental testing.
10% What would you like to learn more about? (QC, R&D, marketing, production, etc.)
This list is not exhaustive in nature and is designed to alert you to the basic job functions and any minimum qualifications to apply. Upon candidate selection a more detailed Job description will be supplied.
There will be 2 positions available, one 10 week and one 6 months