Co-Op Program: Research and Development Intern (6 month commitment or 10 week commitment)
This position is part of the UC San Diego Division of Biological Sciences Co-Op Program. Visit here for more information. If you have questions, contact the Co-Op Program staff advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This will be a on site position located in Irvine California. Applicants must live in or around Irvine and attend UCSD. There will be TWO positions filled; one is a 6 month commitment, the other is a 10 week commitment. Please email Alex Reeves with any questions at email@example.com
Department: Research and Development (Irvine Location)
Minimum requirements: Degree or experience in biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, or related life sciences field to research and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with the Research & Development, Manufacturing, Sales/Account Managers, Customer Service, and Marketing departments to implement product launch.
· Assist in drafting marketing collaterals such social media internet and website posts.
· Conduct scientific experiments for product development, performance troubleshooting, and protocol optimization.
· Work directly with Product Manager to identify customer needs, translate these needs into key product requirements, and develop solutions that adds product value and enhance customer experience.
· Communicate product information to external and internal groups to understand the product, identify the product’s unique features and applications in relation to similar products available on the market, and generate content for product protocols and data sheets.
60% Marketing analysis (SWOTs, competitive landscape, etc.) , Content gathering, New Product internal documentation
30% R&D lab – product testing, cell culture maintenance and analytic techniques, scientific notebook writing (PM to provide trainings, all hands on. Including myself, all 4 of us combined can offer 20+ years research experience to anyone who wants to learn advanced lab techniques.)
10% What would they like to learn more about? (QC, R&D, marketing, production, etc.)
This list is not exhaustive in nature and is designed to alert you to the basic job functions and any minimum qualifications to apply. Upon candidate selection a more detailed Job description will be supplied.
There will be 2 positions available, one 10 week and one 6 month