Lab Assistant (Intern)
Catalent is a leading provider of advanced technologies and outsourced services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer health industry. Catalent develops, manufactures, packages and distributes pharmaceutical and other products for customers in nearly 100 countries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=65rz3LwTPX8
Catalent Pharma Solutions is looking to hire a Lab Assistant (Intern) for multiple departments, on our San Diego, CA team. Through guided mentorship, the Student Intern program offers students a fun and stimulating environment to gain lab experience and exposure to pharmaceutical chemistry development. Lab Assistants will have the opportunity to learn analytical chemistry techniques such as: volumetric analysis, spectroscopy, and liquid chromatography.
**This is a part time, YEAR-ROUND student internship all students are required to commit 15-20 hours per week - (Graduates will not be considered).
***Only LOCAL candidates will be considered.
The Role (daily responsibilities)
- Clean laboratory glassware.
- Perform maintenance on designated laboratory equipment and order supplies.
- Prepare buffers and laboratory reagents.
- Document experiments in a laboratory notebook.
- Assist in experiments under the supervision of a full-time scientist.
- May also perform routine experiments without supervision.
The Candidate (requirements)
- Must currently be a full-time student, in good academic standing, with a major in life sciences. Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology majors (with a focus in Chemistry) are strongly encouraged to apply. Graduates are not eligible for this role and therefore will NOT be considered.
- Completion of Organic Chemistry Coursework is required. Prior experience in chemistry and chemistry lab techniques are strongly recommended.
- Candidates should be highly self-motivated, organized, and able to work as part of a team.
- Availability to work 15-20 hours a week during the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (no exceptions).
- Housing assistance is NOT available for this role. Local candidates will ONLY be considered.
- Relocation Assistance is NOT available for this position. Local candidates will ONLY be considered.
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
About Catalent San Diego
Catalent San Diego, Inc. (Formerly Pharmatek Laboratories, Inc.) is a premier pharmaceutical chemistry development and manufacturing organization supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Catalent San Diego focuses on bringing client drug compounds from discovery to the clinic with services that include analytical development, preformulation testing, formulation development, GMP manufacturing and stability storage and testing. At Catalent San Diego, we recruit and develop exceptional individuals with a passion for science and determination to excel. We offer a technically challenging and stimulating environment and the opportunity to learn from the best. We provide a generous benefits package, on-site gym and fitness programs, team sports, activities and competitive compensation.
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ™
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.